Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 in Review

I've seen this done on several other blogs this week and I thought it was a great idea so here's my version. Of course, this post is really long with lots of pictures, but it was fun for me to go back and look at what has happened over the past year. I tried to post picture's that had not made it onto the blog previously, if possible.

JANUARY brought with it, cute outfits from Laos, the stomach bug, and Alena's first haircut.


FEBRUARY brought with it a trip to the zoo, Valentine's day with breakfast at Krispy Kreme, and Alena eating her very first "cookie."



MARCH brought with it, snow, a trip to VA so Nae could lay our bamboo floors (yeah!), Easter, and Gabe's very first soccer season.




APRIL brought with it Nae taking (and passing) his PE exam, lots of trips to the park, and a volcano eruption.


May brought with it a tadpole releasing party, a camping trip, the building of the "banging wall," and Alena's first birthday which I cannot find any pictures of at the moment and that is quite concerning. Carrie, do you happen to have any?


JUNE brought with it lots of time spent outside in the backyard, Nae's birthday (no pictures), the annual NES picnic, and our first trip to Dallas with a stop over in Arkansas to see all the Soundaras.


JULY brought with it lots of water play, planting flowers (finally) in our yard (only to have to dig them up a few months later) and the stomach bug (AGAIN!)


AUGUST brought with it our annual beach trip, our only trip of the year to see the Sounds (minor league baseball) play, and the last trip to the lake for the year.



SEPTEMBER brought with it Alena's first real injury (from a falling toy) and an evening trip to Centennial Park to feed the ducks.


OCTOBER brought with it Mya's birthday, a trip to the Pumpkin patch, and Alena's first time as an only child while Gabe and Mya stayed in VA with my parents.


NOVEMBER brought with it my birthday (of course there are no pictures), Gabe's birthday, and Thanksgiving.

DECEMBER brought with it the first snow of the season, lots of crafts, and of course, Christmas!



Can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for us.

1 comment:

Carrie Cornett said...

I liked your review...if I were a better blogger, I would do the same thing! I have roughly 300 pictures of Alena's birthday. i thought your guys had them? I will try to get a CD for ya! :-)