Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Outside pics

I'm a mean Mom and make my kids go outside everyday (weather permitting, of course). Occasionally, I'm met with tears and "I don't want to!" when I tell them it's time to go out. That's what happened today so I told Gabe and Mya (Alena was staying in with me) that they only had to stay out until I got lunch fixed. (Just like my Mom used to tell me, "You don't have to take a nap, just lay in here until the clock goes off." Of course, I always fell asleep.) They ended up eating lunch on the deck, and stayed out until 4:00. The weather was gorgeous and with the window open I could hear them having the best time playing everything from Star Wars to being animals in the zoo. It provided me some peace and quiet and they got lots of fresh air and exercise.

Alena napped for most of the time they were outside, but once she woke up I took her out too. She went right for the sandbox.


No comments: