Sunday, September 20, 2009

More pictures of our week

When Gabe is in school on Tuesday, I am trying to do something special with Mya during Alena's nap time. The first week we played a couple games of Candy Land and this past week we made brownies. Mya loves to help in the kitchen and I don't mind it when there's just one person helping. When three are in there helping it gets a little crazy. I must admit that these brownies didn't look very good but they did taste good. When I told Mya that I was a little worried about how they would turn out she said, "But Mommy, there's no such thing as a bad brownie!" I pretty much agree with that.
Here's a forward facing picture from the same day I took the boot picture in the previous post.
This was a big development in our house this week and one that I've been putting off for a while. We finally took the front piece off Alena's crib and made it into a day bed. After a few weeks of this, we'll move her into the twin bed in her room in anticipation of Eden eventually moving into the crib. Alena's done fairly well with the staying in the bed but I always hate it because it's the end of keeping them contained in the morning. I don't know what time she would wake up in the morning but she was happy to play in her crib until I went and got her which never happened before seven o'clock. Now that she knows she can get out, however it's a different story. She has been at her door yelling (we have an extra tall baby gate up so she can't wander all over the house at night) before seven. My few minutes of peace and quite in the morning has just gotten even shorter.
I love to watch babies stretch and wake themselves up. It's especially funny first thing in the morning because Edens been swaddled all night and it must feel really good to be able to move around.
Eden looks so much bigger to me already. She's starting to follow us with her eyes and even smile when we talk to her. Her siblings can't wait until she can smile and laugh at them.

No comments: